PAK’nSAVE aims to protect your privacy as a user of the Site. It is our goal to provide you with services and information tailored to your individual needs while complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1993 (Privacy Act).
The Site is intended for use by people located in New Zealand and is not intended for use by anyone located outside of New Zealand.
1.0 COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOUR PRIVACY
1.1 From time to time we may need to obtain personal information from you in the course of providing some of the services or content of the Site to you. Personal information is any information about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
2.0 WHAT INFORMATION MIGHT WE COLLECT?
2.1 In the course of using the Site we may collect personal information from you including your name, email address, phone number, address and other information that we request.
3.0 WHY PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED BY PAK'NSAVE
3.1 PAK'nSAVE collects personal information from you in the course of providing some of the services or content of the Site to you (Website Services). Those purposes include:
- To provide you with a username and password for the Site;
- To assist in providing services you request from the Site;
- To allow you to participate in competitions and promotions which may be available to PAK'nSAVE's customers from time to time;
- To take actions required to keep your information secure;
- To enhance your overall experience on the Site or at PAK’nSAVE;
- To show you advertising and information that we believe would be relevant to you and your interests;
- To undertake data analytics, insights or data mining (including the anonymisation or aggregation of your personal information with other data to identify patterns and trends, and use the full benefit of that analysis); and
- To provide further information to you about other PAK'nSAVE products, services, specials or promotions which we consider may be of interest to you; and
- Such other purposes we make known to you at the time of collection.
Where possible, PAK'nSAVE will collect your personal information directly from you.
4.0 DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE ELSE?
4.1 In providing you with the Website Services, we may sometimes need to disclose your personal information to others. It is generally our policy not to disclose information to external organisations, however, examples of organisations we may need to disclose your information to include the following:
- A Foodstuffs entity and its staff;
- A franchisee of a Foodstuffs Co-operative;
- Loyalty New Zealand Limited (which operates Fly Buys);
- A person outside of PAK'nSAVE who is contracted to us (or a Foodstuffs Co-operative) to provide a particular service on our behalf; and
- To third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to the parties listed above.
5.0 COOKIES AND TRACKING
5.2 By using the Site you consent to the storing and accessing of cookies or other information on your device in connection with your use of the Site.
6.0 ANALYSIS TOOLS
6.1We use various app, web and / or email analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) to collect information through the Site (e.g. the number of visitors per day or the average amount of time spent on the Site). Emails we send to you may also include a code that measures or determine what you do when you receive it and whether you respond. The information we collect through the use of such analytics tools is anonymous and is not personal to you. Further information about Google Analytics and the way in which it collects and uses data can be found at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
7.0 CONTACTING YOU BY TEXT OR EMAIL
7.1 You agree that we, or any of the parties to whom we may need to disclose your personal information, may contact you by email or text message (if you provide us with a mobile phone number). You can unsubscribe from receiving emails from PAK'nSAVE at any time by logging into your 'My PAK'nSAVE' account and changing your account preferences, or by contacting us at email@example.com. To opt-out of receiving text messages from us, either reply 'STOP' to a text or update your account preference details. If you unsubscribe or cancel your membership we may not be able to provide you with all or some of the Website Services.
8.0 SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
8.1 Security of personal information is important to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, you acknowledge that security of the transmission of data over the internet can never be guaranteed. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any direct or indirect damage or loss if any third party gains unauthorised access to your information.
9.0 ACCESSING, CORRECTING, AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
9.1 Your personal information will be held by us at PAK'nSAVE Online Media, c/o Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited, PO Box 27480, Mt Roskill, Auckland 1440, New Zealand.
9.2 Under the Privacy Act you have the right to access your personal information that we hold, and to have that information corrected and/or updated. To access, correct or update information we hold about you please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will rely on the information that you have provided us so please ensure that information is accurate and kept up-to-date.
9.3 If you find that information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us immediately and we will correct it. Our contact details are above